Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Annoyed

I don't understand why people get so obsessed over things. I just...grr...It's wonderful that you've started a new relationship. But - DUDE! At least stop crying over your last lost love before you obsess over the new one. It just drives me a little crazy.

How do you say that to a friend? "Um, I'm not sure you're thinking straight. Are you sure you really love this person, or do they just fill a new, deep, empty, cavernous void left by the sudden departure of the last? Should you be blatantly hinting at another marriage when your divorce is a mere month behind you?"

I just hate to see my friend's hurt. But then who am I to talk? I was still sobbing on Ernie's shoulder over my previous disaster of a relationship while naming our children future in my head. Is this just human nature? Are we so driven by our loneliness that we cling to whatever is there?

I'm not sure where i would be if my wise husband hadn't required that i let go of him and cling to Jesus again before he made his feelings know. What if he had allowed himself to remain my crutch and mainstay?

Help me understand.

No comments: